Saturday, November 28, 2009

Sweet and Tipsy

Admittedly I am not a very big drinker; to be honest no one in my family really is. (Surprisingly when my uncle owns one of Western Massachusetts’s hottest bars). But every once and a while I like to pour myself a cocktail, sit back and relax. So what do I like when I do imbibe? Well I like things sweet, not overly strong, out of the ordinary and served up in my princess embossed martini glass. So here is a list of my current favorites.

Chocolate Covered Pomegranate

Pour one shot of dark chocolate liqueur into a martini glass and top with pomegranate juice. Honestly this drink looks disgusting, it has a nasty reddish brown color; but it tastes fabulous. You can substitute cherry juice to make a Chocolate Covered Cherry.

Cherry Martini

Pour one shot of clementine vodka into a martini glass and top with cherry juice.

Strawberry Cosmopolitan

In a shaker pour one shot of strawberry vodka, a splash of Cointreau, and a decent amount of cranberry juice. Pour into a martini glass and finish with a wedge of lime.

Flirtini

Pour one shot each of citrus flavored vodka and pineapple juice into a martini glass, top with champagne. Serve this when you have a group of friends over otherwise your champagne will go flat.

Naughty Schoolgirl (from Cosmopolitan magazine)

In a shaker pour one and a half shots of raspberry vodka, half a shot of simple syrup and a splash of sour mix. Pour half of this into a martini glass and top with club soda, garnish with a lollipop. This makes two drinks so either share or drink both to be really naughty.

PB&J-tini

Pour one shot of Frangelico (hazelnut liqueur) into a martini glass and top with grape juice. Once again this drink is not the most appetizing of colors.

Princess-tini

Pour one shot each of clementine vodka, orange juice and pineapple juice into a martini glass. Top with lemon-lime soda.

Bellini with a Kick

Pour one shot of peach or apricot schnapps into a champagne glass and top with your favorite champagne.

Pomegranate Fizz

Fill a champagne glass about a third of the way with pomegranate juice and top with Prosecco.

Vanilla Dark and Stormy

In a tall glass filled with ice pour one shot of dark rum, one shot of vanilla vodka and top with ginger beer. Squeeze a lime in for a little citrus kick.

Pineapple Mojito

In a tall glass filled with ice pour one and a half shots of pineapple rum and two and a half shots of store-bought Mojito mix, top with club soda. Mix some diced fresh pineapple through the drink. I know that this is cheating, but if you think that I am going to muddle all of the ingredients the way bartenders do you are crazy.


I have also been known to enjoy a glass of wine; but like my mixed drinks I like them to be sweet. I am currently a fan of Rieslings and Moscato varieties. But I will choose champagne or Prosecco over wine any day. (To keep the fizz, place a spoon handle into the bottle when storing in the refrigerator.) Also if you are planning on buying me a shot when out at a bar, remember there is no substitute for Patron Silver.

No comments:

Post a Comment