Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Hmmm Wonder How This Will Be

Okay so this evening I decided to have shrimp scampi for dinner but as I was making it in my usual way I was feeling like that wasn't going to hit the spot. So I went and stood in front of the open refrigerator and looked for inspiration. Sitting there was a small portion cup of a dill and chive chimichurri sauce that was just begging to be added to the scampi.

For the chimichurri recipe just refer to my last blog but substitute dill and chives for the oregano and thyme and omit the garlic. My scampi is made from garlic, red pepper flakes, and capers sauteed in butter with the shrimp. Then add the juice on one lemon, a splash of chicken stock and white wine. At this point I added the chimichurri and reduced the sauce a bit.

I am finding many different combinations of herbs for that versatile sauce and even more uses for it, yeah me!

No comments:

Post a Comment